Monday, January 21, 2019

Week 1A: My Blog

I chose this particular template because it features some nice paintings on the wall of this old house. I also like the rotary telephone. Nowadays people rarely even have a landline, much less one on the wall!
I had the great fortune of taking a short trip to London last year and learned that what we Americans call "paintings" they call "pictures," which I thought was interesting. They had all sorts of great museums in London, most all free, that had rooms full of paintings by Picasso, Dali, and all sorts of European master artists.
I also am a fan of white text on a dark background. I find it pops nicely and is easy to read.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robert, I almost chose this theme too. I didn't know that fact about Londoners. I think it's fascinating that you went there. I lived in Europe in 2016 for the summer and it was the best time of my life. I'm looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robert,
    Good theme choice, this picture seems to be popular haha. The only thing is maybe the font can be a little bigger or something, it kind of blends in too much. I've always wanted to go to London, sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert!
    I like your template decision for I almost chose this one too! I love the look of the olf room painting. It reminds me of an acrylic painting. The white font with the dark background definitely pops and makes your posts catch the eye. How cool you had the opportunity to visit London. That is definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete